Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Litterbox Confessions

I was a little irritated with the keeper last night, as she was late coming home from work, and when she did get home, she paid me very little attention.

So, I kicked a few extra litterbox kibbles onto the bathroom floor for her this morning, in hopes she would step on them in her bare feet. I find it amusing when this happens. Not sure why. But I mean, if it's good enough for my bare paws, why isn't it good enough for her bare feet, hmmm?

But alas, I was thwarted. She took the little brush and pan she keeps next to the litterbox and swept everything up. I prefer it when she is distracted or lazy and allows these things to slide.

Well, morning sun-basking time has come to an end and I am off to burrow underneath the comforter on the (made) bed for the rest of day. I have a very tight schedule.

PS: I need fresh water, and that pisses me off. I mean, she has time to sweep up litterbox kibbles, but then no time to give me the fresh water I require to maintain optimal bladder health? For shame. Hiss.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is an awesome blog. Are you a William Gibson fan, by any chance?

Thursday Girl/Hollis the Cat said...

Well, hello and thank you for the compliment. Congratulations on being the first to comment. Tell Kathy her dog is welcome to comment here, too, as I have no prejudice.

As for William Gibson, I had to google him (which took awhile, damn opposable thumb situation), for I had never heard of him. I will research further and get back to you.

Oh, and by the way, I am not as nice as your step-children when it comes to my keeper doing yoga at home. Just saying. Some think I am jealous that it is called down-dog instead of down-cat (we do that too, you know, and I daresay the dogs just copied us.)

Must run, late afternoon sun is calling.

Meow,
Hollis

Unknown said...

Hi Hollis,

My new house has a stair case, I puke on the stairs just for fun. wednesdaygirl loves it! I eat extra, just so I can puke whenever needed! So fun.

Love,
Zeak
(not the cleverest cat, or blogger, but well loved by wednesdaygirl.)

Unknown said...

Hi Hollis, I ask about William Gibson because Hollis Henry is the main character in one of his recent novels. Hollis is a very nice name, by the way.

Also, I shall now refer to down-dog as down-cat in your honor.