Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oh, happy day! (or morning at least...)

So, this morning was great! The keeper was up early, but she did NOT make her bed. She does not seem to understand that I prefer the bed unmade, because then I can burrow into the folds of the comfy comforter and purr my way into oblivion all. day. long.

Unfortunately, she usually comes in about 15-30 minutes after I've settled in, starts tugging at the fabric around me singing some inane song about all kitty kitty cats getting off the bed. Which makes absolutely no sense because I am the only cat in the vicinity, and have been for quite some time. Whatever. Then, I have to get off the bed, and I usually scold her a little while she "makes" the bed (I have no idea why anybody would want to do this). Sometimes, after she leaves me to my own devices, I find a way to burrow back under the comforter, all the while making sure my tracks are covered. It took months to figure out exactly how to do this, but it was worth it. Life is 100 times better under the comforter.

So, without having made the bed this morning, the keeper took her rolled up mat and left for a couple of glorious hours...I went straight for the unmade bed and didn't even come to greet her at the door when she got home because I did not want to waste one precious moment of under-the-comforter time. I am actually posting this from under-the-comforter.

I have a very bad feeling that she is about to 'make' the bed, and worse yet, sing that inane song while doing so. No wonder she is single. And there is not even any sun today to bask in. So the day is about to take a turn for the worse...at least I enjoyed it while it lasted.

No comments: